Membership and Benefit Programs
How to Join the YMA
To become a Full Member of the YMA you will need to:
1. be registered, licensed and in good standing with the Yukon Medical Council
2. be a resident of the Yukon
3. complete the Membership Application Form (right or below)
4. pay the Full Member dues
Benefit Programs Access
- YMA Full Members
access to all funds, contingent on meeting individual fund eligibility criteria
- YMA Visiting Specialist Members
access to CME Program only
- Resident non-YMA physicians and visiting locums
access to CMPA Program only
NOTE: Resident non-YMA physicians can access all funds by payment of an annual administration fee, effective each April 1.
- To assist resident physicians with continuing medical education costs.
- To reimburse eligible physicians for their CMPA dues on a biannual basis.
- This program is available to resident non-YMA physicians and visiting locums.
Locum Support Fund
- To assist resident physicians in attracting locum physicians by subsidizing reasonable and usual expenses and overhead expenses.
Parental Benefits Program
- To provide partial income replacement for a physician parent who wants to take a temporary leave from Yukon practice following the birth/adoption of a child.
New Grads of CCFP (5-year return of service agreement)
- To recruit recently graduated family physicians to Yukon, by providing financial incentives.
New Grads of RCPSC (5-year return of service agreement)
- To recruit recently graduated specialists to Yukon, by providing financial incentives.
Office Renovation Program
- To assist Yukon family physicians with expenses for office renovations required to accommodate a newly-recruited physician.
Office Start Up Program (2-year return of service agreement)
- To assist newly-recruited family physicians with setting up an office.
Preceptor Support Program
- To encourage Yukon physicians to become preceptors for visiting post-graduate residents and under graduate medical students.
Physician Relocation Program (2-year return of service agreement)
- To assist recruited physicians with their relocation costs.
Recruitment Program (3-year return of service agreement)
- To promote the recruitment of new physicians to Yukon, by providing financial incentives.
Retention Program (3-year return of service agreement)
- To promote the retention of practicing physicians in Yukon, by providing financial incentives.
- Provides an annual YMA group subscription to UpToDate, free to Full Members.